Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Favorite Things: Many Happy Returns

While raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens are splendid in their own right, there is a multitude of awesome things out in the world. As Christmas approaches, I thought I'd take a look at some of these in a series I'm calling My Favorite Things.

Sherlock fans, prepare to meet thy feels once again!



Sherlock Holmes has been one of my favorite literary characters for as long as I can remember. Though I was late to the BBC Sherlock party back in 2012, I feel like I jumped into the fandom and never looked back. (I'm also particularly fond of the Guy Ritchie movies starring RDJ and Jude Law!) We Sherlockians were given a Christmas gift today by the BBC, a prequel minisode titled "Many Happy Returns."


Written by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, the duo behind the insanely popular take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Victorian character, Many Happy Returns sets up the series premiere of Sherlock, which is only one week away for British viewers. There is also a companion blog post on John Watson's blog, so be sure to read it as well.  No spoilers here, especially as I know there are folks who haven't finished Series 2, but I wanted to share Sherlock as one of My Favorite Things, because it most certainly is.

I'm seriously jazzed for episode 1 now. I honestly couldn't stop smiling the entire time I watched the video. It was seven of the most beautiful minutes in the world. And since I'm not spoiling the minisode, I can't tell you my absolute favorite part about this whole situation, but you'll know it when you see it!





My Favorite Things: Doctor Puppet - A Timelord Christmas
My Favorite Things: Epic Hiddles vs Cumberbatch Dance-off
My Favorite Things: Let it Snow, Make it So
My Favorite Things: Awesome Etsy Finds


Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment