Sunday, December 29, 2013

Stuff That Doesn't Suck 16


Things have been pretty hectic as Kentucky Geek Girl HQ has moved to Eastern Kentucky. I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but at some point I do want to get back to Central Kentucky. Things have been busy with the holidays, the end of school term, and a new job. Needless to say, things (for the most part) haven't sucked! And here are a few things from around the web that don't suck either!



Not Literally Productions - I Ship It (Icona Pop Parody)


I first heard Icona Pop on the radio earlier this year and thought their song "I Love It" was super catchy. Now, Not Literally Productions has made what one might consider the perfect parody. If you belong to any fandom, I think that you'll be able to relate.
h/t Carnival of the Random

Doctor Who - Take on Me


The longest running Sci-Fi program plus one of the most iconic and beautiful music videos of all time, this is an artistic look at the 50 years of Doctor Who. I've always loved the video for A-Ha's MTV staple and I love the way animator Richard Swarbrick created an original animation that fit the music so well. I think it captured the show so well.
h/t +Mindy Antonchak

Harley Quinn Origin video - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)



I've always loved the song Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) having heard Cher's version for the first time when I was a kid. The Nancy Sinatra version is great as well. I've been thinking about it a lot recently after it was used in the marketing campaign for the Bonnie and Clyde movie which premiered last week and when I did a search on YouTube, I found this video. It takes Harley Quinn and The Joker and creates a visual story. I haven't read a single comic that could have illustrated this, but I think that this fan video has a pretty original concept.

Benedict Cumberbatch Reads R. Kelly's Genius (Jimmy Kimmel Live)



Oh hey, ovaries, how's it going? "You know, just chilling." *plays video of BC reading 'Genius'* "Ovaries? Ovaries? What happened? *OVARIES EXPLODE* Pretty sure that's how it goes.

Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment