Monday, December 23, 2013

My Favorite Things: Doctor Puppet - A Timelord Christmas

While raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens are splendid in their own right, there is a multitude of awesome things out in the world. As Christmas approaches, I thought I'd take a look at some of these in a series I'm calling My Favorite Things.


I've written about The Doctor Puppet before, Leila featured it on The Fandomonium, and we've talked about it on The Eclectic Geek Podcast. It's safe to say that Doctor Puppet is most certainly one of My Favorite Things. Created by Alisa Stern, The Doctor Puppet takes a stop-motion look at Doctor Who and adds an interesting element to the fandom. While there is now an on-going story, I fell in love with How the Doctor Puppet Saved Christmas when it premiered last year in time for The Snowmen.







Today, we were treated to our last episode with the Eleventh Doctor puppet before Matt Smith's last episode and regeneration on Christmas Day. (Edit: Stern has gone on record saying Eleven still has a story to tell in her world, so he'll be continuing) While A Timelord Christmas features Nine, Ten, and Eleven, there is a special appearance by a brand new puppet! (Don't watch if you're not allowing yourself to be spoiled to the news of the new Doctor - looking at you +Matt Seckman!)

I love what Stern does with The Doctor Puppet and I appreciate that The Nerdist was able to bring it under the channel's umbrella so to speak. It certainly seems like a labor of love and I hope that we're able to adventure with The Doctor Puppet for years to come.



Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment