Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Legend of Korra gets a release date and new trailer!


I first watched Avatar: The Last Airbender a couple of summers ago. Using my powers of the Fire nation, I burned right through the series and I was so sad that when I watched the finale. When I found out that there was going to be a new series on Nickelodeon, I rejoiced with the masses. As of today, we finally know how much longer fans will have to wait: the new series The Legend of Korra will premiere on April 14! Check out the brand new trailer after the break.


 

Art courtesy of Nickelodeon
The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra takes place many years after the events of the original series. TLAB centered around Aang, a young Airbender who had been frozen in time for nearly a century, only to be discovered by Katara, a Waterbender. Throughout the series, Aang comes to accept his responsibilities as the Avatar and help prevent the Fire nation from taking over the world. Now, a new generation has emerged and Korra will rise to take her place as the Chosen One. One difference with Korra is that she has already mastered the art of bending Water, Fire, and Earth. In order for her to complete her own Avatar training, she must enlist the aid of Tenzin, (SPOILER ALERT) the son of Aang and Katara, who will help her to master Airbending.

I highly recommend watching Avatar: The Last Airbender before the premiere of The Legend of Korra; I know I will be! You can also check out Avatar: The Last Airbender Volume 1 - The Promise Part 1 which is a continuation of the first animated series in comic book format. The book serves as the link between both series.


If the Legend of Korra Facebook page reaches 100,000 likes, Nickelodeon will premiere the debut episode early. Be sure to like and share the page so that we get to experience the awesomeness ahead of schedule! Check out Korra Nation for more Avatar related goodies.

What type of bender would you be? I think that I would be an Earth bender.

No comments:

Post a Comment