Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Trailer Tuesday 10/29


Gravity ruled the box office for several weeks since the last Trailer Tuesday. The Fifth Estate quickly tanked, though its star garnered much acclaim. Honestly, I had no intention of seeing it, even for Benedict Cumberbatch. I am excited, however, to see him in Twelve Years a Slave and August: Osage County, the latter I believe might be my family's Christmas movie now that Monuments Men has been moved to February. And, of course, I'm waiting patiently for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. This pretty much is the year of Cumberbatch and I'm perfectly okay with that.



On Episode 2 of The Eclectic Geek Podcast, Leila and I shared some of our favorite comic book/superhero movies and discussed some that are on the horizon. Being Marvel fangirls, we both expressed interest in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and X-Men Days of Future Past. Well, now the first trailers for both are here and we weren't disappointed.

Catching Fire - November 22
We've just three weeks to go until The Hunger Games: Catching Fire lights up theaters. In this final trailer for the film starring Jennifer Lawrence, we get a much better look at the arena for the Quarter Quell, the 75th anniversary Hunger Games. For those who haven't read the books, you've seen from the other trailers that Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, who had won the Hunger Games were flung from their victory tour into a new fight and this time things go much deeper than either of them could have imagined. Several things stuck out to me with the trailer: Katniss drawing back her bow to shoot into the sky and President Snow's reaction, Katniss screaming Prim's name, and the Jabberjays. I had decided that Catching Fire was my least favorite of the three books, but I have a feeling I'm going to like this movie more than the first. I'm excited to see what Francis Lawrence has done with Suzanne Collins' world.


Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4
This trailer gave me serious heart palpitations. I'm not sure if they could have packed any more action into that 2:26 clip. I'm so excited to see more of Natasha Romanoff, because reasons, but also because she is a great person to continue in Cap's 21st century acclimatization.  "All the guys in my barbershop quartet are dead, so..." Can Chris Evans get any more adorable and badass at the same time?



X-Men: Days of Future Past - May 23
I literally shrieked (SHRIEKED!) when I watched this earlier today. With the 10 second teaser that we got last week, I knew that we were in for something spectacular, and boy was I right. With so much of the plot shrouded in secrecy, I had no idea how integral Wolverine was going to be, as a bridge to both eras, essentially bringing two timelines together. Beyond my excitement to see my favorite characters again, the trailer itself was just stunning. There was also a noticeable lack of special effects and more emphasis on the story. And the end... the end... OH. MY. MAGNETO. PS If anyone wants to throw me an X-Men themed birthday party they're welcome to; DOFP comes out 3 days before my birthday.



Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment