Thursday, March 28, 2013

The 'Renaissance Festival' is Freaking Awesome



I came across a parody of Macklemore's Thrift Shop a few days ago. With the addictive beat of the original song, "Renaissance Festival" by Julia Bemi aptly describes the experience of the Ren Faire. I used to go every year with my high school's drama club and it was the best experience even on "school day." Filmed at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival of Tampa, Florida, the video brings together many of the typical things that one would see when they go to the fest, including period costumes, turkey legs as big as your head, mud pits, and jousting.



My only experience with the Renaissance Festival is the Ohio Renaissance Festival in Harveysburg, OH. And now, I live about 45 minutes from it so I hope to go this year! I also have plants to visit the Highland Renaissance Festival in Eminence, KY this year as well.


You can find "Thrift Shop" on Macklemore's new album "The Heist" which is available now.

Have you ever been to the Renaissance Festival?

1 comment:

  1. if you go to the one in Eminence, make sure you go on a Saturday catie they're pretty dead on Sunday

    ReplyDelete