Friday, July 27, 2012

Flashback Friday: Top 5 Homestar Runner Animations

Flashback Friday is a new series where I get in the wayback machine and revisit some of my favorite things from years past. It can be anything really, random stuff from teh intarwebz, books, movies, games, et cetera. Basically it's just a way for me to talk about stuff that I continue to think is super awesome, but I'm not quite as obsessed with anymore.

Homestar Runner is a series of flash animations which became wildly popular in the early 2000s. Most of the animations centered around Homestar Runner, but characters Marizipan and Strongbad were featured often as well. One of my favorite things on the site was Strongbad Emails. If you've ever heard reference of Trogdor or Teen Girl Squad, this is where it comes from.  This week on Flashback Friday, I'm going to count down my Top 5 favorite animations!

5. Everybody to the Limit
This is a great video that was based on one of Strongbad's emails. When the ILOVEYOU virus was running rampant on the internet, Strong Bad received an email that said "i love you - fhqwhgads" with a string of random letters. It turned out to be quite the catchy tune.



4. Stunt Double
Strong Bad gets an email asking if he ever uses a stunt double.




3. A Jorb Well Done
Coach Z can't say the word "job" so the rest of the gang tries to teach him. It's kind of like "My Fair Lady" but not at all.


2. Teen Girl Squad 12 - Valentime's Day 
Valentime's are serious times.


1. Trogdor
In this email, Strongbad is asked to draw a dragon. Awesomeness ensues.



What would you like me to explore during Flashback Friday? Leave a note in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment