Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chuck Norris is a... melee hunter?


Really, Blizz? Pretty sure that since your next expansion is introducing the Monk class, that you should have gone with Chuck Norris as a Monk. Also, having Chuck Norris as a spokesman would have been relevant about 6 years ago, but right now I'm just not feeling it. While I do like the "Hi, I'm X and I'm a X" commercials, this is probably my least favorite of those released.




So this commercial premiered during today's Bears-Chargers game on CBS. The toon looks a lot like him, but honestly, it looks like they put a bunch of different abilities in a hat and drew them out to choose the animations for Norris' in game persona. Also, Chuck's in martial arts gear. Why would you put him in martial arts gear if he's playing a hunter? Just makes no sense.

I applaud Blizzard for releasing one of these commercials. It's really important to keep the game relevant in a time of slumping numbers and while people are falling into end of expansion doldrums. 4.3 should revive that, but we'll see.

What do you think of this commercial?


No comments:

Post a Comment