Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stuff That Doesn't Suck (5)



Stuff that doesn’t suck is a meme hosted by Pam at Bookalicious where we graciously share with you the things that we come across in a week that don’t suck. This includes a variety of things from books to music to youtube and even more. Feel free to join in on the comments or on your own blog.

Cell phone that doesn't suck
I became an Apple fangirl upon the release of the original iPhone, though I didn't jump on the ownership bandwagon until September 2009. My iPhone purchase was a plain ol' 3G right after they brought the price down to $99 for a 2-year contract renewal. I thought I was pretty boss, not going to lie. Over the last couple of years, I started to see the emergence of the Android operating system. I was definitely a fan of the faster processors and multi-tasking capabilities of the phones.

When I dropped my iPhone and shattered the screen, I decided that I'd wait out my contract and get an Android. Well, my phone decided that it'd make my decision for me. As a result of me dropping it, it started shutting off randomly without the ability to turn it on for minutes at a time. So, last weekend I made the decision to go phone shopping. I did a bit of internet research and settled on a Samsung Captivate. It's a lovely little phone. Android 2.2, AMOLED screen, multi-tasking, all of the things I love and more.

Say goodbye to my old sucky phone:

And hello to the new non-sucky Samsung Captivate!

Web video that doesn't suck
Playing D&D by S.J. Tucker is a song from her album Mischief. It's awesome, y'all. The video features clips from The Gamers: Dorkness Rising which was released by Dead Gentlemen Productions and ZombieOrpheus Entertainment. I love D&D, it's my RPG of choice and this was a great addition to the newly released "Roll a D6" that emerged on Youtube a few weeks ago. I'm going to write about Dorkness Rising in its own post because it's just that cool. Meanwhile, check out this awesome video.


T-shirt that doesn't suck
I got a DM on Twitter from the folks over at Group Quest the World of Warcraft podcast that I won a giveaway and I got to choose a $15 credit to J!NX, the awesome online store that sells World of Warcraft merchandise. I immediately went over to the site and took a look at the inventory. I was torn between a Warrior class shirt or a Horde pride shirt. Then I saw this. 


My favorite color is purple. I love epics. I have to have this shirt. As soon as I get the info about my store credit, I'm buying that sucker.

Okay folks, that's it for now. What hasn't sucked for you this week?

1 comment:

  1. Game of Thrones. I saw episode 6 twice this week, and I loved it both times!

    ReplyDelete