Monday, May 2, 2011

Stuff That Doesn't Suck (3)

Stuff that doesn’t suck is a meme hosted by Pam at Bookalicious where we graciously share with you the things that we come across in a week that don’t suck. This includes a variety of things from books to music to youtube and even more. Feel free to join in on the comments or on your own blog.


Blog That Doesn't Suck

Chronic Geek is a blog written by 8-Bit Emma. She is a college student studying Information Systems Technology. Her blog features her loves of comic books, zombies, gaming, music, and Doctor Who. Not only does her blog feature things about herself and her life, but it also spotlights some of her favorite geek finds. She is an insightful writer and I like that way she incorporates her own photography in her blog. She participates in blog memes such as Fishnet Friday and recounts some pretty epic events like her trip to Brewfest 2010 and refurbishing an arcade game cabinet. I think Emma is awesome and I look forward to her blog posts and tweets.

Movie Trailer That Doesn't Suck

Okay, so if you're like me, most or all of your adolescent life was spent in the company of Harry Potter and the students of Hogwarts. I'm sad to see this epic series come to an end, but I'll tell you, this trailer does it justice. It looks absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to see this movie.







TV Theme Song Cover That Doesn't Suck

Just go with me on this one. I'm a fan of theme music. If I had my own personal theme, it would be a bouncy, light-hearted ditty and there'd probably be some ukulele in it. Anyhoo, the folks at Nerdbastards posted this on their site and it was too epic not to share. I'm not watching Game of Thrones until I've read its literary namesake, but I will attest that the opening theme is awesome. This guy created a heavy metal version of it and uploaded it to youtube on Friday. Bask in the awesomeness.







Adorable Puppy Dog That Doesn't Suck

Just because I felt like we needed another video from youtube, here's a video that a friend posted on our gaming group's message board. Actually, this isn't the version he posted, it's actually a better version. I could not help but smile when I saw this adorable pug.






What hasn't sucked for you this week?

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Thank you! I appreciate it!! It's nice to see something like this after the bad news about the flood today!!!

    ReplyDelete