Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Green Lantern Trailer Released

The folks at Yahoo! Movies have just posted a new trailer for the live action adaptation of the DC comic book Green Lantern. In the movie, set to be released on June 17, Ryan Reynolds (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Definitely, Maybe) plays test pilot Hal Jordan who is gifted a green ring from a dying alien. It's revealed that Jordan has been chosen to be the first human Green Lantern, a member of an intergalactic legion the mission of which is to keep peace in the universe.

Remember, that Reynolds is set to play Deadpool. The character of Wade Wilson was first introduced in 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine and buzz quickly began about him portraying Deadpool in a stand alone film. The script, cast list, production crew, has stalled several times, but IMDB lists it with a 2014 release. How will Reynolds overcome the Marvel vs DC contractual obligation?

I'll admit, I'm a comic book n00b, but I love a good superhero movie. I think in the coming weeks, I'll brush up on my Green Lantern knowledge in preparation for the release.

Are you excited to see Green Lantern? Let me know in the comments!


Oh, and by the way, here's the new trailer!





No comments:

Post a Comment