Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trailer Tuesday 11/15


Okay, so I've got a bunch of movies that I need to see soon including Twelve Years a Slave, About Time, and Thor: The Dark World. Catching Fire doesn't come out for a couple of weeks, but I'm anxiously awaiting it. And of course The Day of the Doctor, which will be in theaters one night only on Monday, November 25. There are still quite a few movies that are coming out before year's end that I'm eager to see, including Frozen (which I will see because it's Disney then I'll pass judgement), August: Osage County, and Saving Mr. Banks.

In fact, Christmas Day is going to be an all-out grudge match with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, August: Osage County, The Wolf of Wall Street, and American Hustle all opening against each other. I suppose there will be something for everyone.



The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - December 14
We've got a new look at the second of Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy, The Desolation of Smaug. Just last night there was a Fan Event with a Q&A and other fun stuff in which this extended trailer was shown. The Hobbit is near the top of my TBR pile and I hope to knock it out before I see the movie, though that's honestly what I said this time last year, though I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the movie just find if I don't. I know that I enjoyed the trailer immensely and it just got me all that more jazzed to see the movie.

Oh Lee Pace, you're just going to steal the show as Thranduil, I can already tell. Luke Evans' Bard the Bowman is sassy as all get out to Richard Armitage's Thorin Oakenshield. I'm partial to Bards, so I'm sure I'll like him.



The Wolf of Wall Street - December 25
Is it terrible of me to say that this will be yet another role in which Leonardo DiCaprio is absolutely fantastic, yet will get no recognition from the Academy? No? Thank you, because I'm right. Let's be honest, Leo's amazing and it looks like there's a great supporting cast in this film including Matthew McConaughey, Jonah Hill (whom I've never been too crazy about), and Kyle Chandler.

This isn't his film based on the real story of someone who was involved in less than legal dealings. I thought he was supurb in Catch Me If You Can. The trailer for The Wolf of Wall Street seems to emulate the spirit of the book on which it is based, so I hope that with Scorcese on his side Leo might stand a chance for a Oscar this year.




Only Lovers Left Alive - Spring 2014
So I'm not exactly sure what to make of this movie. It stars Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton in this kind of bizarre love story in which they're both vampires. They've apparently been in love for centuries, in fact Swinton mentions that they were married in the 1860s when the camera cuts to a Daguerreotype of Hiddleston. The trailer really doesn't tell us much about the plot, but it's got John Hurt in it and he makes everything amazing (for example: Doctor Who and I, Claudius). Okay, I, Claudius is a bad example. It was honestly amazing before he made his debut as Caligula, but he made it even better. But, I digress... I'm very intrigued by this first trailer and I want to learn more so I know a bit more about what I'll be seeing.


 Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment