Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stuff That Doesn't Suck 10: An Unexpected All YouTube Edition


There are a lot of things going on in America that I'd like to be a part of this. First, Derby City Comic Con is happening in Louisville and this is the first year since its inception that I haven't been able to attend. Sucks. UtopYA Con is a literary convention with focus on the Young Adult genre happening in Nashville. There's FitBloggin which is in Portland this year and LeakyCon, which is also in Portland. Dang. So much. But, alas, I am not in Louisville, Nashville, or Portland, but instead I am in the hamlet of Southgate. So, to get past the fact that me not being in fun places really sucks, I thought I'd comb through some things I saw on the web this week to bring you Stuff That Doesn't Suck.

I hadn't started out with a particular theme, but it ended up being an All YouTube Edition!


Production Video from The Hobbit That Doesn't Suck
Peter Jackson gets social media. He writes lengthy posts about the production status of movies, shares videos, and generally seems like he's having an amazing time in all of his projects. As the filming of There And Back Again comes to a close, Jackson has been sharing photos and videos from the set including a wonderful, bittersweet photograph of himself and Ian McKellan in his Gandalf attire. This latest offering is equally as amazing. When filming with Legolas wrapped, Jackson videoed Orlando Bloom in a rousing rendition of "They've Taken The Hobbits to Isengard."



Clip from The Graham Norton Show That Doesn't Suck
I really enjoy Graham Norton. I'm kind of disappointed that his Comedy Central show didn't do very well in America considering his BBC show has so many American actors. I reckon it's just that Comedy Central didn't know how to treat his brand of humor. Regardless, his show is on BBC America On Demand for those who want to watch it. BBC America also posts videos on their YoutTube channel of particularly hilarious moments. Case in point, a recent interview with Dan Stevens, Matthew Crawley of Downton Abbey on PBS Masterpiece. The clip does contain spoilers of the Christmas Day season finale, which aired in the US in the Spring. If you're not caught up on Downton and hate spoilers, don't watch this video.



Rains of Catamere Cover That Doesn't Suck
If you've seen the most recent season of Game of Thrones or have read A Storm of Swords, you know what's up. The Rains of Castamere is not only a ballad from the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, but it's also the trigger of something that I shan't speak about today for fear of spoiling it. The song has been referenced and used in Game of Thrones since the first season and is really quite a gorgeous song. This version by YouTuber malufenix is hauntingly beautiful. Check out her video collection, the videos which feature Skyrim are also amazing.




Fan Made Doctor Who Video That Doesn't Suck
I love when members of fandoms get creative. This is especially true for the Doctor Who fandom, which is waiting on baited breath for any hints from BBC regarding the 50th Anniversary Special. This fan-made trailer features all the players that we've been promised, including the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors and whomever John Hurt is playing. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a lot more to the special that they're letting on. And with it being Matt Smith's next-to-last go around as The Doctor, I'm sure it will be incredibly memorable. This fan-made trailer was incredibly well done. Kudos to this enterprising fan, whose YouTube account is simply "John Smith." Clever.




Hannibal Fan Video That Doesn't Suck
I need to write about my feelings on the new Bryan Fuller drama Hannibal. I started watching the series late in the season, but was pretty instantly addicted. It's truly fantastic and I hope it continues to be successful. The Fannibals, as fans are called, are pretty mad and I love it. This video contains minor spoilers for Episode 1 "Apertif" but the video really proves the lengths at which Fannibals will go to keep themselves entertained, especially during the "He-Ate-Us" until next Spring. Seriously, NBC, why couldn't you give Hannibal a full season run?



What didn't suck for you this week? Share in the comments! Don't forget to Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Tumbl with me, Follow on Pinterest, and Subscribe on YouTube! If you're interested in partnerships, sponsorships, or just want to shoot me an email, please do so!


No comments:

Post a Comment