Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trailer Tuesday: Ender's Game and More


Brand new this week is a trailer from the science fiction novel Ender's Game, but Hollywood trailer makers have been very busy over the last few weeks gearing up for this summer's movie season. Trailers after the jump!


Ender's Game


The book was a Hugo and Nebula award winner in the 1980s. It's a staple for many Sci-Fi geeks and it has been honored by the American Library Association as part of the 100 best books for teen. Like Stephen Chbosky's book The Perks of Being a Wallflower, this has been both lauded and criticized, and also like Perks, there was no other adaptation. Will this film hit the right notes? We'll see!

The Bling Ring


Emma Watson gets to stretch her acting muscles (and accent) in this film based on true events. A group decides to break into the homes of Hollywood celebrities, but it doesn't come without a price. This may be a pretty fun movie.

White House Down


The thought of this movie makes me nervous. On one hand, it has two great actors in Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum, but on the other hand, we *just* saw a movie with a similar plot just two months ago. I really enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen, so I'm not sure that this film can top that. I think that this could end up being the Volcano to Olympus' Dante's Peak: two movies with similar plots, but one emerges the clear victor.

Man of Steel (New TV Spot)

After a gorgeous trailer a few weeks ago, here is a new TV spot for Zach Snyder's Man of Steel. I'm getting more and more excited to see this movie with every new clip. However, if the reaction to Iron Man 3's story changes is any indication, comic book purists may not have a good time with this movie, considering a rumor is floating around that says that Krypton has not been destroyed.

Red 2


Somehow I'd managed to miss seeing Red when it was initially released in 2010. I watched it for the first time just the other day and now I simply cannot wait for this sequel. The cast from the first movie is back and will be joined by Catherine Zeta Jones (who will be an old flame to Bruce Willis' Frank Moses), Anthony Hopkins, and G.I. Joe's Byung-hun Lee. This time, the gang has to stop a plot to destroy the world in a race against time. I like it!

Now You See Me

I'm actually really excited to see this movie in an advanced screening tomorrow. It looks like it could be very fast paced and edge-of-your-seat. It could either be really good or really quite terrible, but with Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in a movie together, I'm keeping my hopes high.

What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook, follow on Twitter. If you have any topics you'd like me to cover or for sponsorship opportunities, feel free to send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment