Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Is There a Connection Between Breaking Dawn Pt 2 and The Hunger Games?

...aside from the Lionsgate association, I mean."Another Twilight post?" you ask. I am feeling quite alright and I promise I do not have a fever, however there was something I had to share. Last night on the Entainment Weekly Facebook page, a new image from Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 was released. Looks pretty harmless, really. It's just Renesmee (the vampire spawn of Edward and Bella) and her mother, played by Kristen Stewart looking at some sort of locket. Granted, I have no context for the picture, but are the inside of some sort of magical blanket fort to protect the child from the Volturi? I don't know... BUT! the point of this post is to examine one specific part of the picture.


So yeah, they're examining the locket and some such, but looking at the picture, I noticed the insignia on Bella's jacket sleeve. It looks oddly like the seal for the Capitol city of one dystopian country named Panem.

So yeah, if you look closely at the seal on the sleeve of the jacket, it looks an awful lot like the seal of Panem.


So, it's not exact, but it's very similar. Maybe a nod to The Hunger Games in Twilight? They're both properties of Lionsgate after all. Now, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but...


I know this is bullshit, but I wanted to make a Conspiracy Keanu meme.

Anyhoo, I don't know anything about the jacket that K-Stew is wearing in the picture, but the insignia really does look like that of Panem.

That's all.

Good day.

Image from Breaking Dawn Pt 2 courtesy of Lionsgate and Entertainment Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment