Thursday, June 28, 2012

The "Star Wars" That I Used to Know



I'm no Star Wars fangirl, but I can appreciate the sheer anger that people feel towards George Lucas. Changes here and there, Greedo shooting first, "Nooooooo!" and all that and elicited a strong ire towards the man behind Lucasfilm. Those emotions, according to TeddieFilms, can best be expressed through a rendition of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" which has been probably the most over-played song of the year thus far. I do like the original and I really enjoy this parody of it. I'm not even sure you can call it a parody, more like a reimagining of the song.




The visuals are very reminicient of the original Gotye/Kimbra video, but I think the painting could have been a bit more Star Wars related. I know the video is very abstract, but they could maybe have done an abstract Death Star or something. Also, the George Lucas/Kimbra part wasn't quite as strong on his last solo line. It's the line that I'm always signing at the top of my lungs when belt out the original song. Other than that, I think that the vocals were great and quite on par with the original version.

TeddieFilms is no stranger to song parodies with a Star Wars twist. Last year, they released Primeday, which I featured here on the blog. According to the after-video credits, they'll be collaborating with IGN for a video in the near future. I'm curious to see if they'll continue with the Star Wars trend or they'll branch out into more aspects of popular culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment