Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is here - in HD!

We wants it... we wants the precious.... and it's here! The long-awaited trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" the first of two film adaptations of J. R. R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" has been released. Here, we are introduced to a young Bilbo Baggins, as we recall from The Lord of the Rings is Frodo's uncle. We are also reunited (though it feels like the very first time) with our very good friend Gandalf the Grey and get to meet Bilbo's thirteen dwarven traveling companions. Young Bilbo is played by the ever-so talented Martin Freeman, whom you can also hear in 2012's The Pirates! Band of Misfits. Of course, he also plays Arthur Dent in the 2005 adaptation of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Watch the trailer after the break!





I think that the trailer is super sharp. I know that I'm not the only person who got goosebumps, but I think that it's everything that I thought it could be and much more. Also very excited to see Gollum, Elrod, Legolas, Galadriel and the old gang again. 



What are your initial thoughts? I know that I can't wait until December 14, 2012 now! Of course, I know upon seeing the first film, we won't be able to wait until 2013 when "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" will be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment