Saturday, November 26, 2011

Amazing one woman a capella Disney medley

Image courtesy of Heather Traska
I've made it no secret that I am a Disney fanatic. Growing up in the 90s, we had awesome movies like The Little Mermaid (which came out in 1989, but I digress), Hercules, The Lion King, Pocahontas, and the list of wonderful animated features which goes on and on. Something that is just as amazing as experiencing a Disney film is having the soundtrack to sing along to. I'm completely guilty of belting out refrains from my favorite songs (and usually singing the accompaniment in true a capella fashion.)



I few months ago I posted a video of Nick Pitera's One Man Disney Movie. It was one of my "Stuff That Doesn't Suck." The latest awesome Disney medley comes from a teenage girl that kicks about as much butt as anyone possibly can. I came across Heather Traska's Disney medley while browsing Tumblr not long ago. She's incredibly talented and at only 17, I know that she is going to be very successful. To be so young, her voice is full of soul, like an American Adele.


At over 7 minutes, this song features themes and variations from 26 Disney songs. The song is done entirely a capella, with Heather singing all parts. She wears Disney inspired costumes and does some fantastic makeup for the video.

I perused her Youtube channel and I must say that I'm now a fan of Heather. She has some amazing covers on her channel and in her one year on Youtube, it seems that she has grown a lot as a performer. I wish her great success!

Check out her Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment