Friday, August 19, 2011

Broadway Geek

Most wouldn't necessarily associate Broadway musicals with geekdom. However, a new definition of geek is emerging.

Any person who has a deep, borderline obsessive, passion for something.

One passion, for me, is theater. I've always loved Broadway and have spent many a day listening to my Broadway Pandora station and various cast recordings. I was in choir in high school and college and loved getting to perform my favorite selections. A few years ago, for a Broadway showcase, I performed "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q. 

This year, is the 25th anniversary of the Tony Award winning Les Miserables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo. It is the longest running musical in the world and one of my all-time favorites. On the cusp of the French Revolution, the musical follows the stories of Jean Valjean, Fantine and Cosette among others. The story is amazing and all of the songs are so powerful. I've not been able to see a performance of Les Mis yet, but because of the 25th anniversary, there will be a touring production so I'm hoping to catch it soon.

Enjoy, Lego Les Miserables!



No comments:

Post a Comment