|The Holy Grail is in the bag, by the way.|
The first Indiana Jones movie that I ever saw was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the third of the series. We still have my Grandpa's VHS tape of it somewhere. So, not only does the movie interest me greatly because of its subject matter, there is also a sentimental attachment. My 21st birthday party had an Indiana Jones theme and it was the year that Crystal Skull came out. We had paper fedoras and I still have the little Indy and his pit of snakes that was a centerpiece for my cake. I even did some Indy cosplay for this year's Fandom Fest in Louisville. I played a character named Joan Harrison, my own homage to Indy, for a Call of Cthulhu campaign. She was going to be an archaeology major at Miskatonic University. Yes, my obsession runs deep.
Indiana Jones trivia:
- R.L. Stine penned a series of Indiana Jones adventure books similar to Choose Your Own Adventure
- A character with great resemblance to Indiana Jones appears in the World of Warcraft. Harrison Jones is a integral part of the zone Uldum in the Cataclysm expansion.
- Had Sean Connery not been available, Gregory Peck was being considered for the role of Henry Jones, Sr.
- In Raiders, OB-CPO was the call-sign for the sea plane that Indy hires to get out of the South American jungle. This is a joke aimed at Star Wars fans. OBi Wan, C3-PO.
- A series of Indiana Jones novels was published in the 1990s. One shares a name with the first Harry Potter book. It is called Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone.
Which of the Indiana Jones films is your favorite? Have you ever donned a fedora for some Indy cosplay? Share your story and post a picture on our Facebook!