Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stuff That Doesn't Suck (7): The All Youtube Edition!

 Stuff that doesn’t suck is a meme hosted by Pam at Bookalicious where we graciously share with you the things that we come across in a week that don’t suck. This includes a variety of things from books to music to youtube and even more. Feel free to join in on the comments or on your own blog.

Drunk Cooking Show That Doesn't Suck



An episode of My Drunk Kitchen was posted on Facebook by a good friend and I think it's awesome. If you're like me, when drinking you want something to nom on. My first experience with this was trying to cut pineapple after having tequila for the first time. This is why we can't have nice things. Anyway, Hannah does drunk cooking with poise and style. Her topics range from Mac and Cheese, Cookies, Tacos, and most recently Ice Cream. Hannah is hilarious and proves that sometimes cooking is a hot damn mess. Follow Hannah on Twittah @harto.




Geek Anthem That Doesn't Suck


I'm going to do an entire post dedicated to geek anthems, but I heard this for the first time a couple of days ago and I love it! Marian Call is singer/songwriter who writes primarily about geek culture. This video is a slideshow of geeky images set to her song "I'll Still Be A Geek After Nobody Thinks It's Chic (Nerd Anthem)." There's a lot of talk right now about what geek means and how the connotation of the word has changed over the years. I wear the words geek, nerd, and dork with pride. I let my geek flag fly high. Marian performed a concert yesterday at the ThinkGeek headquarters and I'm sure Timmy was jamming! What do you all think? What is your opinion of geek chic? Follow Marian on the Twitspace @mariancall.

Harry Potter Parody That Doesn't Suck


I love Beyonce and Harry Potter. This parody unites the two in fine form. We're around 20 days away from the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. I've got my tickets for a midnight premiere in Louisville with my friends. I'll be seeing it in 3D because IMAX-3D was all sold out by the time I bought tickets. I love this song. Just as Weird Al has been doing for many years, Mandy took the tune of a popular song and put her own spin on it. The lyrics of "Hallows" make us long for the halcyon days of our youth when Harry was but a first year student at Hogwarts. Now, we're at the end of his seventh year and shit's getting real. Follow Mandy's tweets @I_Mandy.


What hasn't sucked for you this week? Let me know in the comments and be sure to post your own Stuff That Doesn't Suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment