Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stuff That Doesn't Suck (6)

Stuff that doesn’t suck is a meme hosted by Pam at Bookaliciouswhere we graciously share with you the things that we come across in a week that don’t suck. This includes a variety of things from books to music to youtube and even more. Feel free to join in on the comments or on your own blog.

Gamer Food Blog That Doesn't Suck
Now that I'm not playing World of Warcraft, I've been trying to increase my IRL skill in cooking. You see, my main character Aleksondra, was an Illustrious Grand Master and earned the Chef title. Actually, I earned Chef during Wrath of the Lich King. Back then, her name was Katryona and I had an in game business called Katryona's Kitchen. But, I digress.

Even if you're not playing World of Warcraft, you can cook some of the coolest foods from the game thanks to The Gamer's Fridge. I like this blog because not only does it feature some of my favorite foods from Azeroth, Frostberries just sound like the most delicious late night snack, but the recipes that they offer are easy to follow and great for those even with an Apprentice cooking skill. The Gamer's Fridge also includes food from Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings Online. One of my personal favorites in WoW is Kaldorei Spider Kabob. Just in case spider meat is scarce, they've provided an alternative which uses beef tips.

There are over 150 recipes in World of Warcraft and I can't wait for them to feature them all! Delicious Chocolate Cake is also quite amazing and definitely proves that...




Book Club Logo That Doesn't Suck
A few months ago, I wrote about The Geek Girls Book Club and its inaugural read of The Hobbit. Well, the club is now reading its second book, has a blog and its very own group logo which was unveiled on the group Facebook page tonight. For more Geek Girls Book Club news, check out the Goodreads group, search #ggbc on Twitter or go to the new blog! Check out the kickass logo by the lovely Cara Elizabeth! Follow her on Twitter @aquasodio!


Lady Gaga Parody That Doesn't Suck
While I haven't seen it yet, the buzz is that X-Men First Class definitely doesn't suck. This is good news considering X-Men Origins: Wolverine ... well... did. What better way to celebrate the release of an awesome movie, but to dress up like Magneto and demonstrate your vocal stylings? Maybe Lady Gaga is secretly a mutant. I mean, she's all about inclusion, and isn't that what the X-Men strive for? What do you think her mutation/super power is?



What hasn't sucked for you this week? Let me know in the comments and be sure to post your own Stuff That Doesn't Suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment