Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Derby City Comic Con Preview

I cannot believe it's almost that time! On June 29, Derby City Comic Con will invade Louisville for a third year. DCCC was my first convention after starting Kentucky Geek Girl and this year I'm absolutely honored to be a Media Guest this year. In the coming days, I'll be highlighting some of the creators, vendors, and exhibitors who will be part of the 2013 show.

Beginning in 2011, Derby City Comic Con was the first convention of its kind in downtown Louisville, Kentucky and over the past three convention seasons it has only grown. I think that Eric did a great job as showrunner in 2011 and 2012 and he was a pleasure to work with. The announcement was made after last year's show that Chuck Moore of Comic Related would be taking the helm and Chuck, who is a friend to Kentucky Geek Girl, has worked tirelessly to help the show grow. I'm excited to be a part of the event again this year.





Derby City Comic Con will be partnering with Kosair Charities again this year. In 2012, DCCC raised $700 last year through donations and a silent auction with all proceeds going to Kosair. Creators and exhibitors are encouraged to donate again this year with the auction being held on June 29 during the show. "I can think of no group better suited to be part of my inaugural year as director of the Derby City Comic Con." Chuck added "One of the building blocks behind this convention is to give back to the community and Kosair's dedication to help all children, regardless of their ability to pay, is a cause worth supporting and we are happy to do so, with the proceeds of our Charity Auction." I visited Kosair in 2005 as part of a tour of the hospital and I was incredibly moved. I had the opportunity to spend time with some of the patients and play games with the kids. They're doing great things to help children and for a convention to give back to its community is really touching.

During the new few weeks, a commercial for Derby City will be airing on the local CW affiliate WBKI-TV during Arrow, but if you're not a Louisvillian, you can view it here!



Join me at Derby City Comic Con on June 29 and check back the blog for my Derby City Spotlight on some of the creators, vendors, and exhibitors who will be in attendance!

Derby City Comic Con
Kentucky International Convention Center
221 South 4th Street Louisville, KY 40202
Saturday, June 29, 2013
CONVENTION HOURS
Doors open at 10
Facebook | DerbyCityComicCon.com | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment