Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Around the Web: OK Go covers the Muppet Theme

Okay, folks, show of hands? Who's excited for the new Muppet movie? I'll admit that I didn't see The Smurfs, but I've been hesitant to see many things that have either rebooted, revived or remade things from my childhood. I still to this day haven't seen Alvin and the Chipmunks. But with Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) at the helm of this film, the first Disney-released Muppet movie since Muppet Treasure Island (1996), I think we'll be okay. Amy Adams also stars and I absolutely love her.

Muppets: The Green Album released today. It's the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational Muppet soundtrack ever and it includes 12 new covers of classic Muppet songs. Of course, the Muppet Theme, Mahna Mahna, and It Ain't Easy Being Green are all on there as well as Rainbow Connection. The album features OK Go, Weezer (with Hayley Williams), Rachael Yamagata, The Fray, Alkaline Trio among others. Clearly, there are a lot of great artists on this record! Here is the newly released video for OK Go's cover of The Muppet Theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment