Sunday, April 17, 2011

Coming Soon: Your Friendly Neighborhood Game Shop

I love visiting game stores. When I went to Louisville last year, my friends and I checked out a shop there and it was really cool. My best friend Leila and I happened to visit two of our local game stores on Friday afternoon and ran into a distinct contrast. While visiting the second, I had an epiphany. My site is Kentucky Geek Girl and yet I haven't really talked about Kentucky at all. Why don't I start reviewing game stores here?!  Leila agreed that it was a brilliant idea and thus "Your Friendly Neighborhood Game Shop" was born.

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="302" caption="Image courtesy of Google Image Search."][/caption]

I plan to visit each of the game stores (and comic book stores) of Lexington and talk about their pros and cons, discuss special features, and include pictures. I'm very excited to undertake this project! I'm currently putting together a list of all of the stores in Lexington (and even those in surrounding cities) so I can visit and review them. Any suggestions on what I should discuss in the review?

Basic outline:

Name of Store
Address
Phone Number
Website/Social Media

Brief Description
Pros
Cons

Should I include a rating? Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Ways you could suggest improvement and I think a rating would be a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] am working on a series of posts called “Your Friendly Neighborhood Game Shop.” I wanted to give a a shout out to my new favorite store in Lexington. Amazing Wonders Gaming & [...]

    ReplyDelete