Monday, July 14, 2014

Well, This is Awkward: Louisville Back on Wizard World Circuit in 2015

It looks like the honeymoon isn't over for Louisville and Wizard World after all. I happened to see a tweet from a Louisvillian that I follow which included the date of November 6-8, 2015. According to the WW website, this show will be the last stop on the Comic Con train for Wizard World in 2015, unless another show is added. I'm curious to see why they decided to put Louisville back on their schedule.



I had reported a few weeks ago that the Derby City had been removed from the line-up after it's Freshman year, with Cleveland and Indianapolis being added roughly around the same time in its stead. A date much later in the year shouldn't pose a problem to anyone from the Bluegrass state, as there seem to be no other conflicting events that late in the season. This should provide a nice end to the convention season for those who want to attend.

I'm not certain at this time if I'll be involved with the convention in any capacity. I feel like my presentation on Star Trek and Anthropology went really well and seemed to be well attended, even if if I was up against Jason David Frank, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for another opportunity. The shows in the Wizard World stable draw huge names like Matt Smith and Nathan Fillion to their conventions and Smith was definitely the most popular of Louisville Comic Con's guests in March.

The page for WW Louisville still has details about 2014 and I suspect it will stay that way until after the new year. As always, I'll keep you up to date with the latest in Kentucky convention news.


Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment