Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Trailer Tuesday 10/1


Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 dominated the competition this weekend with over $35 million in box office earnings. I highly doubt that it will catch this year's animated powerhouse, Despicable Me 2, which has a total gross of over $361 million. Let's get to the trailers.



We Are What We Are (September 27)
Technically, this movie came out this weekend, but I wanted to share it anyway. This movie looks disturbing and a true example of a suspenseful thriller. Watching the trailer you wonder if the family's secret is going to be revealed. I'm definitely intrigued.



The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (December 13)
After a teaser in June, it's time for a full-length trailer, y'all! I'm excited for this movie. I know that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was a bit lengthy and did include a lot of talking about going on a journey rather than the journey itself, but I can't wait to see this next chapter. Did you guys hear Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug? I mean, did you?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109572




Penny Dreadful (2014)
This show looks like it's going to be really cool. Taking the idea of the British penny magazine (known as penny dreadfuls) and creating this world in which famous literary characters exist in the same world together is pretty cool. Yes, I realize this was done to a certain extent in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and while I really like that movie, I think that this is going to go one step beyond. The cast look stellar: Timothy Dalton, Helen McCrory, Josh Hartnett, Billie Piper, and Eva Green are nearly all of the principle cast members. That's a pretty fine looking line-up.



Be sure to like Kentucky Geek Girl on Facebook and follow my daily updates on Twitter! If you have any questions or want to discuss partnership opportunities, be sure to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment