Friday, February 24, 2012

Lexington Comic & Toy Convention Debuts in One Month!


I began my adventure in convention-land last summer when I attended Derby City Comic-Con and Fandom Fest in Louisville. Last fall, I found out that Lexington was going to be getting its own signature comic-con! Lexington Comic & Toy Convention will make its debut in the Lexington Center (adjacent to Rupp Arena) here in Downtown Lexington. Featuring a mixture of pop culture celebrities, artists, writers, and vendors, the convention is sure to make Lexington a premiere destination for fans of conventions.



What is amazing to me is much the convention has grown in just the past few months. I booked my table (!!!) in December and now there are 200 booth and over 20 guests in addition to the dozens of vendors and exhibitors. There are many local artists who are going to be featured at the con, but there are plenty of nationally known folks as well. I'm really looking forward to the amazing and unique talent that will be featured at LCTC.

So, who's coming? You can check out the Lexington Toy & Comic Con website for a complete list, but here are some highlights:

Jason David Frank: Tommy from Power Rangers and MMA fighter

Several of the Power Rangers cast will be appearing including Jason Narvy Paul Schrier, Nakia Burrise, and Cathrine Sutherland.


Drew Curtis: Kentucky native and founder of FARK.com

Jonny Fairplay (Jon Dalton): Star of Survivor and wrestler

There are many more guests, so be sure to check out the LCTC website for more guests and all of their information.

I'm very excited and proud to say that my table will be nestled in between two amazing and spectacular artists. I'm not just saying that because they're my friends. I admired their work before I even got to know them! Beaucoup Pop is a freshly squeezed pop culture podcast recorded by Matt, Tressa, Justin, and Kerry here in Lexington. They talk movies, music, comics, video games, and so much more. The Beaucoup Pop table is just a little bit down from me, but I'll be between members Tressa and Justin who will be promoting their own artwork. Also next door will be Jenny M. Stead, another fantastic artist. 

Several of the Lexington comic book shops will have tables, as well. In the next few weeks, I'll be highlighting the amazing local talent that will be featured at Lexington Comic Con. Check back for more information as well as ticket giveaways! Be sure to listen to this Beaucoup Pop episode where Jarrod, the organizer of Lexington Comic Con, sheds some light on what it takes to organize such a huge event.

Lexington Comic & Toy Convention
Saturday, March 24, 2012
10 am - 5 pm
Lexington Center


Stay tuned for more information about panels and Q&As as it's released!

No comments:

Post a Comment